Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Maybe Flash is the answer....

Flash creates .swf files, so why not create the AIR application using Flash? I've downloaded the updates, so I am now at Flash 9.0.3 and can create an AIR app in Flash. Woo hoo! This should be interesting. I took a class for two weekends at MassArt this past summer to familiarize myself with Flash. Let's see what I remember. I should say that I had a great teacher (Hi, E!) and that I wish it lasted a little longer.

I was able to get started and use the file open dialog with help from the tutes below. When I have something that looks good, I'll publish it. For now, I leave you with Lee and Brian. Thanks, guys!

http://brianchau.wordpress.com/2007/10/11/flash-air-director/

http://www.gotoandlearn.com/

(gotoandlearn.com seems to be having difficulties but should be fine by the time anyone other than myself reads this....)

Oh no... should I change the name of the blog? FlashAIR? AIRFlash? FlAIR? Oooh, I like that one. I like FlexAIR because it sounds like "fresh air." I have plenty of work to do before I figure out which is right. I might have to go back to Flex, after all, so it will remain the same for now. :)

No comments: